It is hard to put in words the beauty and tranquility of the Tamborine Mountain plateau (also often referred to as Tambourine Mountain, Mount Tamborine, Mt Tamborine, or Tambourine Mtn), located only 30kms from the Gold Coast and 70kms from Brisbane.
At every turn you will encounter breathtaking scenery and views, abundant wildlife and clean mountain air. Also a strong cottage industry including many local arts and crafts, a host of natural and man-made attractions, award winning wineries and top-class restaurants, country markets, festivals and events. Mount Tamborine has a wide range of attractions sure to keep every visiting group occupied.
Other activity options:
- Adventure Parc - featuring four challenging courses several metres up in the air. Click here for more information on and bookings for Adventure Parc.
- Local council pool (usually open between Sept and March) and a 2.5km walk. Phone 5545 2500 to make a booking.
- National Park walking tracks – Witches Falls (1.7km or 3.1km circuit) entry is located a 5 min walk from our centres – Ph the local tourist office for further information on 5545 3200 or download a walking guide.
- Tamborine Mountain Trail Rides - Horse Riding – (next to Adventure Park). Ph 5545 3505 for information and bookings.
- Skywalk – about a 10 min drive – Ph 5545 2222 for information and bookings.
- Tamborine Mountain Glow Worm caves – Ph 5545 1666 for information or bookings.
- Tamborine Mountain Wildlife Sanctuary – Ph 5545 3625 for information or bookings.
- Thunderegg fossicking (at Thunderbird Park) – Ph 5545 1468 for information and bookings.
- Easy access to the major Gold Coast Theme Parks (Movie World, Dream World and White Water World, Sea World, Wet 'n Wild)
Comprehensive website detailing Tamborine's attractions is http://discovertamborine.com.au/
The local Chamber of Commerce website is www.tamborinemtncc.org.au.
Looking for affordable car hire to get to Tamborine Mountain from the Gold Coast? Try Car Rental Buddy for a competitive quote.